The next National Level Officials two-day course has not yet been set and will depend on the number of new officials needing to take this training. Please see below for course details however:
Upon completing the course and achieving a passing grade on the exam you will have gained the following:
Course Objectives – Participants will have:
· Ability to navigate IRO Rule Book
· Good understanding of the IRO Rules as they relate to Start and Finish
· Basic to intermediate level of Rule interpretation
· Very good understanding of key Race leadership positions
· Clear understanding of the process to follow for informing of IRO rules infractions
· Basic to intermediate level of decision making
Once you are an accredited National level Luge official, you will be able to officiate at any races in Whistler.
We would then encourage you to volunteer to officiate at as many races as you can to utilize these new skills.
Attention all National Level Luge Officials:
If you are a National Level Official and would like to get your FIL International Level certification for Artificial Tracks please contact Marlene Vierboom, FIL Proctor at email@example.com to confirm that you qualify, for more information and to register. We are planning to conduct 2 FIL level courses in September/October of 2020, one in Calgary and one in Whistler.
To ALL officials:
The 2020 online update for all Canadian Luge officials will be available in the fall of 2020, the link will be provided at that time.
The current 2020 rules are available at this link:
Thank you for taking the time to keep your accreditation current and volunteering at luge events. Without our officials there wouldn’t be competitions for the athletes. You are appreciated!